The HackLatt 2008 Chroma Tutorial
Welcome to the Chroma tutorial of the HackLatt 2008 workshop on
lattice QCD codes.
The workshop presentations
The presentations can be found here:
- An overview of QDP++ and Chroma along with a more detailed description of QDP++ OpenOffice format, PDF
- Aspects of the Chroma Class Structure OpenOffice Format, PDF
- A Guide to Writing XML input for Chroma and HMC - the basic XML patterns illustrated OpenOffice format, PDF
- Design Patterns in QDP++ and Chroma OpenOffice format, PDF -- a rework of an older talk. Probably I won't be presenting this talk. It is just background.
The Tutorial Material
The practical tutorials are below:
Like all codes chroma is evolutionary. I have carried out the tutorial exercises here using
- QDP tagged version qdp1-25-2
- Chroma tagged version chroma3-24-8
For those of you at the HackLatt workshop, you should find QDP++ and Chroma
installed in ~/chroma/install. Likewise the Tutorial files have been
downloaded to the machienes already in the directory ~/chroma/tutorials. The material is in directories Tutorial1, Tutorial2, Tutorial3.